Liven up your backyard barbecue with a delicious and healthy option--grilled portobello mushrooms! To view Philipp and Cru making this dish during a cooking segment on Live at 9, click here.
- 4 portobello heads
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Gently wash the heads.
- Place heads with the gills up on a plate.
- Mix together marinade (white wine, balsamic, olive oil, soy sauce, garlic)
- Spoon over portobellos
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes, adding more marinade occasionally (Keep some marinade for the actual grilling process.)
- Oil grill well with brush or spray
- Place mushrooms gill side up on the grill
- Close lid and grill for about 5 minutes, spraying with more marinade every two minutes
- Flip after 5 minutes and cook for 2 more minutes. (Adjust cooking times depending on your grill, heat of your grill and size of mushrooms.)
- Mushrooms are done when soft and juicy